Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2019

Your IGN:

Alfred_Grosvenor

Name of the nation you are applying for:
The Ottoman Empire (Osmani Ursudu)

Religion of the nation:
Sunni Islam (Mainly), additionally, Orthodoxy and Judaism due to the vast territories of The Ottoman Empire.

Culture of the nation:
A mixture of Islamic-Persian Culture with a twist of Byzantine influences.

Government Style:
An Absolute Monarchy led by The Sultan with individual (nearly independent) provinces, having a Governor to rule it.

Architecture:
Mostly Islamic/Seljuk/Mamluk/Mughal (with some remaining Byzantine architecture) - If my application will be accepted, I am positive some Western influences of Baroque and renaissance would be quite fun to have here and there in The Empire.

Historical Builds I'd personally like to recreate:

The Topkapi Palace in Istanbul (The Main Imperial Residence of The Sultan) - built 1460

'

(I wish to add western influences to the palace, making it less 'savage'. I wish to compete with other European Royal Dynasties regarding Palaces and Royal splendor).

Aynalıkavak Palace in Istanbul (A summer residence of The Sultan) - built 1613

General History of The Ottoman Empire:

The Ottoman Empire was a large and vast Empire reaching from The Colony of Algiers (now Algeria) to the former centre or European arts and culture Constantinople, under The Byzantine Empire.

The Ottoman Empire was first founded in 1299 by Osman I, a Turkish tribe leader from Anatolia, however The Ottoman Empire was first really made prominent and large by former Sultan Osman I (AKA Osman Gazi, a) After the conquest of former Byzantine Constantinople (now Istanbul) in 1453.

From there, The State ultimately grew and developed into the grand and vast 'Ottoman Empire'. The former 'Sultanate of Rum' grew into a mighty and strong Empire.

Alternate History:

After Sultan Ibrahim I passed away, the brother of Ibrahim, Mehmed Osman took the chance to grab the throne as Ibrahim had produced no heir from his marriage to Kosem Sultan. Ibrahim had completed many tasks and finished great projects, however Mehmed stayed optimistic and realized a new future for The Empire, despite the large shoes he had to fill in.

Mehmed Osman addresses the Imperial Court at Topkapi Palace, 1657

A short time after The late Sultan's passing Mehmed introduced new ideas of westernization and, as an example, religious freedom for previous Byzantine citizens. Mehmed wishes for diplomatic missions in Northern lands and in central European states. Mehmed has the visions for a glorious future for the (previously) much barbaric and stereotypical savage, Islamic nation. A new future for The Ottoman Empire awaits...

Players that will be joining you: Lucled, xWaazex, Caarlitoo

(I have good friends from previous geopolitical servers in Minecraft whom would very much like to help me carry The Ottoman Empire to glory).

nanna is hot

Last edited:

Sulakeken

Jul 16, 2019
the moon
After Sultan Ibrahim I passed away, having almost left The Empire at bankruptcy and in an very unstable diplomatic position
i managed to make even more people join once i was in charge and made constantinople 10x better with houses to live in and libraries to make room for rp and meeting rooms and walls that took ages to make, i also made the biggest palace on the mainland

not to mention i did make more alliances and made peace agreements with HRE

you shouldn't just copy what Twi said about me going to shoshone and being inactive and not caring about The Ottoman Empire,i did post that i was gonna be away for some days by then.

the only reason i left the Ottoman empire is to have more time to work in school rather than hear about rebellions and pope wanting to crusade me.
If you want to become sultan then go ahead but don't say that i was a bad sultan because i did put more money in the economy and made a balanced province system and made the BTC (bursa trade company) full out autonomous.

I will also add one extra thing is that
Almost all of the population in the Ottoman empire have gone off doing other stuff on other servers
I am also gonna be gone for some time off as i have many studies to work on in the near future.

Aug 25, 2019
i managed to make even more people join once i was in charge and made constantinople 10x better with houses to live in and libraries to make room for rp and meeting rooms and walls that took ages to make, i also made the biggest palace on the mainland

not to mention i did make more alliances and made peace agreements with HRE

you shouldn't just copy what Twi said about me going to shoshone and being inactive and not caring about The Ottoman Empire,i did post that i was gonna be away for some days by then.

the only reason i left the Ottoman empire is to have more time to work in school rather than hear about rebellions and pope wanting to crusade me.
If you want to become sultan then go ahead but don't say that i was a bad sultan because i did put more money in the economy and made a balanced province system and made the BTC (bursa trade company) full out autonomous.

I will also add one extra thing is that
Almost all of the population in the Ottoman empire have gone off doing other stuff on other servers
I am also gonna be gone for some time off as i have many studies to work on in the near future.
I understand.. I wasn't aware of that.. but The Ottoman Empire is still available to claim..

Sulakeken

Jul 16, 2019
the moon
I understand.. I wasn't aware of that.. but The Ottoman Empire is still available to claim..
I think you should change it because i am not gonna be portrayed as a bad Sultan,most of the Ottoman empire actually did
want me to become Sultan after Maga left,and personally i think you can become a good sultan if you can handle all the roleplay and be mostly active but you will need to make more history on the application maybe something with art and architecture in Istanbul.

Also another thing to add is Pav the first sultan tried to make Ottomans into byzantine empire in the first few weeks of his rule.But anyways i hope you can perhaps become a noble sultan and make even more progress in Istanbul and the White palace i made.

Iron__Beard

Aug 29, 2019
Another thing, please revise the Nation rules carefully before we can accept your application.

Aug 25, 2019
I think you should change it because i am not gonna be portrayed as a bad Sultan,most of the Ottoman empire actually did
want me to become Sultan after Maga left,and personally i think you can become a good sultan if you can handle all the roleplay and be mostly active but you will need to make more history on the application maybe something with art and architecture in Istanbul.

Also another thing to add is Pav the first sultan tried to make Ottomans into byzantine empire in the first few weeks of his rule.But anyways i hope you can perhaps become a noble sultan and make even more progress in Istanbul and the White palace i made.
I would absolutely love to.

Aug 25, 2019
PENDING

Please add more history to your nation application.
More information has been added now. I cannot tell if it is enough, However, I am very passionate about the architecture, so don't be alarmed that I haven't described what I wish to build in detail!

Last edited:

MAGA

Jul 16, 2019
So I was the second Ottoman Sultan so heres a bit of in-game history you should add to your application. Mehmed IV (Pav33's character) suffered through some revolts as IRL the Ottomans were going through some instability, and his character was still a child. Koprulu Mehmed Pasha seized the throne and converted to Orthodoxy and the entire Ottoman dynasty was claimed to have been killed. Murat II was a lower noble of the house of Osman that still lived and when he was 17 Pashas and Beys throughout the Empire rose up and placed him on the throne. He died a few years after however, and at this time I took a break from the server so I would ask Sulake on discord about some more recent Ottoman history during his reign.

Status
Not open for further replies.